Our Agency: Call us 24 hours a day at 623-695-4112.
Building Arizona Families is a non-profit, licensed adoption agency dedicated to providing the services families need to complete the adoption process.
We offer birth mothers the unique opportunity to select the couple that will be their child’s “forever family”. These adoptive families have undertaken the intensive process of becoming “certified to adopt” in the State of Arizona. They have completed background checks with the FBI, the Arizona Department of Public Safety, and Child Protective Services. Anyone with a criminal or abusive history is automatically screened out. Therefore, you can feel at ease knowing that all aspects of the adoptive family’s life have been reviewed by the court and they have been approved to adopt a child.
Once a match is made, you can meet the family, get to know them, and feel comfortable with the choice you have made. Adoptive family and birth parent interactions prior to delivery can include (but are not limited to):
- Meeting for dinner at a local restaurant
- Talking on the phone about the pregnancy
- Attending doctor’s appointments/ultrasounds together
- Swapping photos, histories, family stories with each other
- Sharing the birth experience (either during labor/delivery or immediately after)
- Staying together at the hospital if desired
- Post adoption letters, updates, and pictures
Each birth and adoptive family situation is unique and can be tailored to be the kind of experience that gives you, the birth parent, true peace of mind. You will have the ability to really know the people your child will call their family and they, in turn, will be able to tell your child about you and the loving decision you made.
Our Birth Mother Services
Birth mothers need varying degrees of help and support and Building Arizona Families is there for you during this process. Some of the assistance we can provide is:
- Helping birth parents get AHCCCS insurance (Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System)
- Coordinate other services in the community such as DES, WIC, and other assistance programs
- Help arranging transportation to/from doctor’s appointments
- Access to our Adoption Coordinator to answer any questions about the process
- Counseling regarding the legal aspects of the adoption so that you can understand your rights and make an informed decision
- Referral to counseling services before and after the birth if needed
- Financial support (as allowed by Arizona law) to help with living expenses related to the pregnancy
At Building Arizona Families we understand that this is a stressful time and we want you to feel safe. Our goal is to support you through this process the way YOU need to be supported so that you can make the best decision for both you and your child. Call us 24 hours a day at 623-695-4112.
Building Arizona Families is a licensed private non-profit adoption agency.
Building Arizona Families reserves the right to determine that it may not provide services.