Forever Families U.S. Adoption Program
BUILDING ARIZONA FAMILIES IS PROUD TO OFFER FOREVER FAMILY ADOPTIONS FOR CHILDREN IN THE FOSTER CARE SYSTEM THROUGHOUT THE U.S.
Building Arizona Families does direct adoption placements. This means that the adoptive family is not foster care certified but licensed to adopt through a home study, making these direct adoptions. To adopt foster children in Arizona or from around the country, the foster children come to live in your home. After approximately 6 months, your family legally adopts the children.
Below you will find some general information about what the Forever Families U.S. Adoption Program process entails. The basic steps to adopt foster kids in Arizona or from around the country are similar, and apply to Arizona families as follows:
- Choose the type of adoption
- Select an agency or facilitator
- Complete a home study
- Wait for a placement
- Finalize the adoption
To adopt foster children in Arizona, parents need to have a completed home study by a licensed adoption agency or social worker prior to inquiring on kids.
Building Arizona Families is a licensed private non-profit adoption agency. Building Arizona Families reserves the right to determine that it may not provide services.
These children are ages 2-18 with the highest need for those 5 years and older, of all races, singles and sibling groups. There are healthy children and children with mild to severe special needs available.
Many of the older children have been in foster care for some time and are hoping and praying someone will open their hearts and homes to them. Families who adopt foster children truly change their lives and futures.
ADOPTION FEE SCHEDULE
A Forever Families U.S. Adoption is the most cost effective program available.
- The cost for home study will be $1,100 with Building Arizona Families.
- A Forever Families U.S. Adoption Program fee of $3,500 is due prior to beginning the Forever Families U.S. Adoption Selection Process to adopt foster children in Arizona or from around the U.S. into Arizona families.
- If adopting foster children out of state, you will have the expense of traveling to see your child/children and possibly travel expenses to bring your child/children home.
- If you are not adopting foster children in Arizona, it is worthwhile checking with the state you are adopting from, as there are some states which will reimburse a family for some of the costs of the home study and travel. However, travel costs are typically considered the adoptive parents’ responsibility.
After the home study is complete, a social worker works with you to help you select a child or children that you are interested in. After you have selected the child/children you are interested in, then your home study is submitted to that child’s/children’s caseworker. The caseworker and other significant people in the children’s lives collect a selected number of home studies and choose the family they feel is best suited to meet the needs of the available child/children. Length of the selection process and number of pre-placement transition visits will vary per the children’s home location.
US ADOPTION LINKS
Connecticut State – Department of Children and Families
State of Deleware – Department of Services for Children, Youth & Families
Four Oaks – Foster & Adoption Family Connections
Nebraska Heart Gallery
Heart Gallery of America
Utah’s Adoption Connection – Child & Family Services (In Partnership with The Adoption Exchange)