Volunteer Engagement Center
Are you interested in helping women who have placed a child for adoption?
Do you have an hour or more to spare a week?
Are you able to help from home or come to our office?
Are you blessed and want to give back?
Building Arizona Families (BAF) and The Donna K Evans Foundation (DKE) offers great opportunities to help women in need. Opportunities include:
- Community engagement
- Donation help
- Holiday help
- Peer Support/Mentor
- Help from home
- Professional Consultant help
As a BAF/DKE volunteer you will experience the satisfaction of being a part of a team that is dedicated to empowering women and helping to improve lives.
No formal degree is required (unless you are volunteering as a professional consultant)
To volunteer at Building Arizona Families you must have the following simple requirements:
- You must have a valid State Issued Identification or Driver License
- Must be 18 years or older.
- You must be able to pass a background check and obtain a level one fingerprint clearance card that BAF will pay for.
Information Needed to Apply
- Driver License Number or State Identification Number
- For a level one volunteer you will need to provide names and phone numbers of two professional references and one personal. For a level two volunteer you will need to provide three professional references and three personal references (with a letter of recommendation from each).
- Please see the Volunteer Opportunity Document to see which category you would fall under depending on your volunteer interest.
- One Emergency Contact (Name, address and phone number)
Apply to Become a Volunteer
After You Apply
Once we receive your application, the following will occur:
- For applicants 18 and older, we will contact you within 24-72 business hours to initiate a background check; you will be required to complete a certification of criminal offense form.
- We will contact you to schedule an interview. If it is still available, we will make an effort to assign you to your preferred volunteer opportunity, as indicated on your application.
- You will receive appropriate training and orientation once accepted into our program.